Measuring device to determine cooling capabilities of magnetocaloric materials.
- Material holder with up to 100 grams
- Ready to plug-in
- 1.12T Magnetic Field
The mechanical system consists of a nested Halbach magnet arrangement, driven by a servo motor. It generates a magnetic field with changing field strength. The flux density is up to 1.12T at a frequency ofup to 3 Hz. Furthermore, a piston pump, driven by another servo motor, generates an oscillating fluid flow to which a magnetocaloric heat generator can be connected. The electrical system is powered by a 624W power supply on 48V. The material insert consists of a housing with a sample of Gadolinium spheres and temperature sensors. The Microcontroller is responsible for controlling the overall system andprocessing the measurement results.
General System Specifications
- Rotation speed: 10 - 180 rpm (magnet rotation speed)
- Pump stroke: 0 - 15 mm or 0 - 3.96 ml
- Max. pressure (PS): 6 bars
- Total weight: ~37 kg
- Magnetic field: Nested Halbach with 0.03 T to 1.12 T (in center point)
- Safety features: locked lid, enclosed housing, status led
Download more information here